Wow, it’s been a busy week. On Sunday, Jordan Behan from Tell Ten Friends tagged me with the “5 Things You Didn’t Know About Me” meme and it’s taken me this long to get around to it.
This is a picture of me taken in Australia’s Grampian Mountains in ’99 – the van in the background, “George”, was my home for 9 months of my year down-under.
Five things you didn’t know about me:
- I was “Bonhomme Carnaval“ for our school’s winter carnival when I was in grade six. We had “Carnaval” at the skating rink and I got to wear the white outfit, the Carnaval belt, and a huge fiberglass Bonhomme Carnaval head that sat on my shoulders. I’m guessing the teachers asked me to be Bonhomme either because I was a good skater and they didn’t want to risk wrecking the nice Bonhomme mask, or because they knew wearing the mask would keep me quiet for a few hours.
- I originally thought I would be a teacher. My interest in marketing started while in Australia on a year-long working holiday. At Chapel Street Backpackers in Melbourne, a hostel I worked at, I found a marketing textbook on the bookshelf and I was immediately intrigued. A few months later, while in New Zealand, I met a traveler who was studying marketing and she spoke so highly of it (being a natural marketer herself) that I decided to look into marketing upon my return to Canada. The best thing about marketing is that I’m always learning – it never gets boring.
- I love playing games and sports – I don’t like working out at the gym. Some of my favorite memories are playing golf with my Dad, who still claims he can out-drive me.
- I spent six weeks in Ishikari/Sapporo, Japan, for an international co-op education exchange when I was 17.
- I’ve never had a hole in one at golf. I’ve been very close at Glacier Greens in Comox, landing the ball between the pin and the edge of the cup, but the ball ended up a few feet from the pin.
So now it’s my turn to tag five more bloggers…I’d like to learn 5 things about:
- Rob Masefield – who’s recently posted an updated blog design
- Darren Barefoot
- Alex Behan
- Joel Burslem
- John Bollwitt
Have a great weekend!